In March 2016 the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) inspected Prince’s Mead and the findings of the Inspection Team endorsed its Mission Statement and Aims without reserve.
ISI judged every aspect of life at Prince’s Mead to be of the highest standard – Excellent.
Headmistress, Penelope Kirk believes that the report is a true reflection of every aspect of life at Prince’s Mead.
'For me what shines through, is that everything we stand for relates to our pupils and this has been commented upon in the report; their well-being, their independence, their confidence, their academic journey and their preparation for future life.’
- The quality of pupils’ achievement and learning, including the Early Years Foundation Stage, is excellent across the full range of subjects and activities
- The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision is excellent
- Pupils’ listening skills are a particular strength and their positive attitude to everything they do is a significant factor in their many successes
- Pupils are inspired by their (teachers’) enthusiasm and interest in their subjects, which provides an environment in which they are eager to learn
- Teachers are approachable and generous with their time, promoting tolerance and respect so that pupils are happy to ask for help when they do not understand and are confident that they will receive the support they need
- All pupils know that they should treat people fairly and without discrimination and they understand the standards of behaviour expected of them. Mutual respect is at the core of the school community
- The school’s caring, nurturing environment and excellent procedures for pastoral care enable pupils to flourish and feel a sense of belonging
- The quality of leadership, management and governance, including links with parents, carers and guardians is excellent
Penelope S Kirk